Tuesday 11 September 2012

Late Summer Sun

 
Ah.....I love this time of year.  Usually we get a little warm sunshine unexpectedly and after such a lot of rain this year - this sunny day is most welcome and can come back again any time.

On my way back into the house after Pre-school pick up I spotted these beautiful few flowers left in the garden.  I planted for cut flowers this year, and they have provided me with plenty of little posies round the house - especially the sweet peas, whose fragrance I have enjoyed very much.



 I'm not green fingered.  I wish I was, but I do love pottering, when I have time and I love having a few flowers to brighten my mood if I need it.


 
Today the sun is providing high contrast and bleached colours and the air has that first gentle bite of Autumn in it.  The smell of the leaves has changed too - I noticed on the way to school the other day.  There's that pungent aroma in the air, but only a few leaves yet on the ground.  It won't be long before that "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness" begins in full swing.




For now, I'm enjoying every bonus glimpse of sun we get, even when it's accompanied by gusty winds and the odd surprise shower!  How wonderful it is to have seasons that change. 


I'm also working toward a stock sale through my Facebook Page. I'm feeling the need for a change of season with Redeem Creations too.....making way (and space!) for a new collection of bags, cushions, jewellery and quilts is the first step.  If you want to pick up a bargain, pop over to my page at 8pm on September 23rd and type "sold" under the item you'd like.  You'll find lots of bags, including a whole range of Teeny Totes made from the most beautiful vintage fabrics and trims, and a few cushions and bag buddies too.  First to get there grabs the goodies! 



See you then
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment