Saturday 26 November 2011

Mmmmmm...cake!


 Another show over and a really lovely atmosphere at Wisborough Green.  It's such a lovely village, especially this time of year when it's horse chestnut lined green bursts into Autumnal oranges and reds.  It was lovely to chat with people and get a bit more into the Christmas spirit - which is proving more difficult this year, with the late warm weather we've been having.  Not that I'm complaining!

When I got back from the show, there was just time for a quick bowl of beetroot soup with feta and croutons.....


and then off to the woods for a leafy walk with the boys and their cousins.  And yes, it is all boys in our family.  We currently have five sons and five nephews! It's just the two youngest in this photo - the others are all playing hide and seek!


 I did manage to stop a couple of times to admire the scenery before the relentless pace of the boys spurred me on.  This lichen was particularly lovely colours, don't you think?  Perfect inspiration for a new project of some kind....



Once again, one of the highlights of the show for me was the cake stand - this time the baking expertise of Judy and Kate from Wisborough Green, who had come fresh from icing sugar covered kitchens with their trays of delicious and quite stunningly beautiful cupcakes, tiffin and biscuits.  The whole array of goodies displayed natural baking talent and an eye for making them look as pretty as a picture.  It didn't take long for their stall to empty.  Hats off to you ladies and by the way, loved the popping candy in the tiffin - nice surprise!


My cousin, Natalie and my mum had a stall next to me today - Natalie makes blinds and curtains for a living and I am quite envious of her precision and crispness when it comes to making things from fabric.  I consoled myself with a new apron from her stand - isn't it gorgeous!  I have wanted a new one for a while - sometimes I spend most of my waking hours in an apron and my current one was looking very sad!  This one will be worthy of answering the door in and will certainly cheer me up about having to wear one for the whole day!


So, we did manage to squeeze in a very lovely Thanksgiving dinner last night too - complete with cola baked ham, courtesy of Esther, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry and pear relish and maple and pecan carrots  all finished off with Pumpkin pie and maple cream.  Mmmmm.  (Sorry, no photos of the food - we were all too hungry!!!) Perhaps this is why I woke up so late this morning with only just enough time to pack everything into the car and get on my way, thermos mug in hand!


Tonight is definitely time for that relaxing bath and peruse of Mollie Makes I have been promising myself, before the week ahead, which I think will be full of Bag Buddy making, as I have almost sold out!
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment