Friday 12 August 2011

Happiness is........

Just taking a break from the lunch time clear up (yes, I know it's 2.15!), while the house is quiet (2/5 in bed and 3/5 on quick errand with dad) to give you a sneaky peek at some of the lovely things going into the mixing bowl of my new website. My lovely brother, who is a graphic designer, illustrator and website creator (yes, he got more than his fair share of the skill quota!), has offered to design me a new website, which will link to my shop, blog and other creative ventures, such as Make Space.
I sent off a few pages from this lovely book of things to cut out and make, because I just love the drawing style of these buildings. So 70's and colourful!


I am more than a little excited about the prospect of having my very own lovely website. It feels almost like I am having an extension built on the house.....does that sound bizarre?



Last week I scanned in a whole heap of vintage fabric and pages from a few of my growing collection of children's books to send off, so I thought I'd show you a few - because they are so lovely, and make me smile - so hopefully they will do the same for you!
I love this page from one of my Ladybird books - just the sort of little project I would have loved as a girl (and now, if I'm honest!)


So, it's a Friday and I have just hung the washing out - thanks goodness I didn't leave it till tomorrow! Don't you just love seeing words in their original context!

I will let you know the minute the website is ready to go and the shop fully stocked....exciting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment