Tuesday 3 May 2011

so many projects, not enough time!



I wonder how often I think this! At the moment it seems that I have about 5 major projects on the go and they seem to all fill my mind at the same time! I have been trying to be organised and methodical, using my hubby's brilliant hints, but even so I feel a bit befuddled and never quite up to the task. I wonder if many other mums feel like this? I'm sure most of us do! I guess it's because we are so constantly interrupted, if not by the little person in person, by their presence in our thoughts.....when to exchange the birthday present, buy C some new sandals, nurturing N's gentle side with his younger brother, looking up drawing and writing competitions that they might like to enter.......Maybe it's no wonder my mind finds it difficult to order the things I am "meant to be thinking about"! As I speak R is rifling through the folder for the garden project he has just knocked off the table! Ah, well, he's happy and I can sort it later!

I must remember to enjoy the small moments of achievement I have.

And also the little, beautiful things of life - like these flowers my mum brought me from her garden. The peonies are one of my favourite flowers. They are so wonderfully frilly and girly and most of all, they remind me of my dad, who used to grow huge bushes of them round the garden and delight in picking me one. Aren't the colours just gorgeous?



This is a sneaky peek at one of the projects - banners for an open air wedding coming up at the end of May. What do you think? They are going to have lots of tiny bells sewn in so that they "jingle" in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment