Thursday 3 March 2011

Spring sunshine and the Creative Spirit



There is an unusual moment of peace in the Welch home, at least for a few minutes until the boys bundle in the door, flush faced and out of breath from their race to see who can be home first. Today they celebrated World Book Day by dressing up for school. The older two as Harry Potter (of course) and Eron as an Ankylosaurus, from his favourite lift the flap book of the moment, "Rumble, Roar, Dinosaur!"

It's taken all week to get the costumes ready, and a sizeable chunk of studio time has been diverted to kitting them out with robes and wands and papier mache armour plating. I truly do love being able to give my boys more fuel for their creative expression and imaginations. I'm so glad I can carve out time to do things like this. Just so you know I'm really NOT supermum though, I do also struggle to give up the time I would previously have had to create for the sake of creating. I remind myself in moments like this, that my family is the best free flow creation I have or ever will be part of, and I am so, so blessed to have boys that share my enthusiasm for making thing.

So, I thought I'd share some of the Welch family creations that have been going on over the past few weeks.....
St David's Day Daffodils, planted in the Autumn and surprisingly blooming just in time for judging on Tuesday. Ben was very pleased to win best bloom in his class!

A Crocheted Snuggle Bunny for my new nephew - my first venture into amigurami! The pattern for the bunny is here, and I just attached a simple blanket. He's just the right size for little hands to cuddle.

A rocket pencil holder Ben made at Beavers,


"Blib Blobs" made by Cadan - a work in progress. He's desperate to have a corner of my table at the school fair to sell them on, in aid of Children on the Edge.

We have been busy haven't we!

Well, I now have two or three boys perching anxiously at my shoulder, hoping to be the first to gain the computer for games, so I'll have to sign off, see you soon! XX

No comments:

Post a Comment